January 2019. Almond Cookies.
Happy new year to you all.
As somebody who tries to eat gluten free, last year I gave you the recipe for polenta cake. This year continuing the gluten free idea I have an almond cookie recipe.
This recipe has been in my family for many years and I fondly remember eating these while still warm from the oven when I was younger.
Perfect with a cup of tea in the afternoon.
125g soft salted butter
100g golden caster sugar
150g self raising flour (gluten free)
125g ground almonds
2 tsp almond essence
200g glacé cherries halved
1 handful of whole almonds
1. Put the oven on for 150 degrees and butter a baking sheet.
2. Cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy and then beat in the egg and almond essence.
3. Add the flour, ground almonds and glacé cherries.
Mix until it all comes together and makes a soft dough - you might need to add a drop of milk if a little dry.
4. Take a teaspoon of dough, roll into a ball into your hands and place on the baking sheet - they don't really spread, so don't spread out.
5. Flatten the balls a little and push an almond onto each cookie.
6. Bake for approx. 30 to 35 minutes until pale golden.
7. Remove them from the oven and cool.